IREN, a top player among Italian multi-utilities, is seeking startups and technology companies who aim to revolutionize the utilities sector for the first edition of its IREN Startup Award, powered by Intesa Sanpaolo’s international acceleration program StartUp Initiative.
The final winner of the award will receive a sponsorship of € 10.000 at the end of the program. Additionally, selected participants will compete for opportunities to work directly with IREN’s business units and technical teams: possible outcomes include engineering and product design support; proof-of-concept setup; access-tomarket; technology transfer; direct provisioning and other forms of business development.
Solution spaces addressed by this call include:
- Energy (power generation, district heating, energy management)
- Water (distribution networks, purification & treatment)
- Waste (management, treatment, circular economy)
- Utility Networks (operations and maintenance, metering and billing, smart grid)
- Value Added Services (customer engagement, marketing, new services, support to public administration)
Interested entrepreneurs can apply by visiting www.gruppoiren.it/startupaward and submitting a business plan or executive summary of their project no later than September 3rd, 2017.
Download the call here: